- 'Telecommuting' refers to workers doing their jobs from home for part of each week and communicating with their office using computer technology. Telecommuting is growing in many countries and is expected to be common for most office workers in the coming decades. How do you think society will be affected by the growth of telecommuting?
- If you were given to change, what all changes you would implement in this 21st century to make our world a better living place? Discuss few changes in not less than 250 words.
- The modern technology is all making things easily available. Internet has provided us the easy downloadable versions of most books we need. Can internet world replace the world of books and words ? Give your own views in not less than 250 words.
- Modern technology is transforming the way we work and is of benefit to our society. How far you think our social lives influenced by modern technology.
- Life was simpler without so much of technology. Give your views in not less than 250 words.
- The threat of nuclear weapons maintains world peace. Nuclear power provides cheap and clean energy. The benefits of nuclear technology far over weigh the disadvantages. Do you agree or disagree? Give reasons for your answer.
- Internet has made information so handy, but at the same time, its spoiling our children with all the adult content. Should children be kept away from internet ?
- Technology is making communication easier in today's world, but at the expense of personal contact as many people choose to work at home in front of a computer screen. What dangers are there for a society which depends on computer screens rather than face-to-face contact for its main means of communication?
- Some people say that the Internet is making the world smaller by bringing people together. To what extent do you agree that the internet is making it easier for people to communicate with one another?
- Internet when used as a source of information, has more drawbacks than advantages. To what extent do you agree with this statement?
- We are becoming increasingly dependent on computers. They are used in business, hospitals, crime detection and even to fly planes. What things will they be used for in future? Is this dependence on computers a good thing or should we be more suspicious of their benefits?
Sunday, December 19, 2010
Samples Question for IELTS Writing Task 2: Technology