In the course of urban development, we often find ourselves confronted with the old building problem. Some people think we should pull down the old houses and buildings in the way. However, others argue that is very rash decision to tear them down without full consideration that we have to preserve our old historic buildings.
To what extent do you agree or disagree ?
Rapidly urban development often faces with a demolition of cultural endowments such as a historic architecture, unique streetscapes and traditional sites. Developers pressure to replace them because a development of new urban facilities is more important. However, it is wiser if municipalities preserve their historic assets.
Saturday, November 27, 2010
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
There are 5 steps to make a guideline for writing an essay. Eventhough it spends a little time, you will get a good essay because you can address or answer the main issue and you will have main topics for each body paragraph that you will write. Because of that, it is better for you to practice these steps in your weekly practice test.
- Find or underline keywords in the question.
- Paraphrase the keywords as many as you can or remember.
- Find the topic based on the question. It should be a short sentence.
- Make a question sentence.
- Answer the question. The answer will be your body of the essay. In IELTS, it’s better for you to make 2 or 3 answer sentences and it mean that you will make 2 or 3 body paragraphs.